Monday, June 28, 2021

Can't Keep Quiet


 Just Can’t Keep Quiet!


Matthew 9:27-31 And when Jesus departed thence, two blind men followed him, crying, and saying, Thou Son of David, have mercy on us.  (28) And when he was come into the house, the blind men came to him: and Jesus saith unto them, Believe ye that I am able to do this? They said unto him, Yea, Lord.  (29) Then touched he their eyes, saying, According to your faith be it unto you.  (30) And their eyes were opened; and Jesus straitly charged them, saying, See that no man know it(31) But they, when they were departed, spread abroad his fame in all that country. 




For those that do not know me personally, I am 6 years Cancer FREE after being told that I had a 1% chance to survive my Stage 4 Cancer diagnosis.  One other point of interest in this story is that I refused the doctor’s recommendation of treatment and opted for “Alternative Treatments”.  Whenever I can, I tell others about the path I took.  I think my path of treatment was significant in my healing and want others to benefit as well.


In our text today, Jesus encounters two blind men.  Somehow, these men knew about Jesus and they were following him so that they might be healed.  After a brief exchange, Jesus fulfilled their request and restored their sight.  When their sight was restored, they went on their way telling everyone what had happened to them. They just could not keep their good news contained.


When ever I see an event like this recorded in the Bible, a sense of guilt wells up inside me.  For those of us that are Christians, we have had something even more spectacular happen to us by they hands of Jesus!  We have had our sins washed away by his blood of Jesus and now we have the hope of spending our eternities in the presence of God and Jesus.


Where’s our lack of containment?


Why are we more apt to give our recommendation of a favorable movie than about our Savior?  Why are we inclined to share with others our path of physical healing than our path of spiritual healing?  Why are we willing to recommend  a vacation spot that we spent a week at than to share with others where we will spend our eternity?


May we learn to develop the courage and lack-of-containment that these blind men had so that we can go everywhere telling about Jesus who made us to see!


Tell someone about Jesus Today...because you just cannot contain yourself!


Reflecting the SON

Dennis Hogan

dennis.hogan@icloud.com


Questions, comments or  further explanation?  Contact me at:  dennis.hogan@icloud.com


www.vividesigngroup.com

1 comment:

  1. Amen brother I know I need to do a lot better sharing Jesus whenever I get a chance

    ReplyDelete